At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North is on the lookout for talented Game Tools Programmers who possess a passion for creating systems and tools to improve developer workflows, enabling us to make the best games we can. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of Edinburgh.
What We Do
- We adapt the game into an editor for artists, designers and other content creators to work within.
- We work on C# services and tools to accompany and compliment the in-game editor.
- We provide systems and libraries to enable other teams to easily create their own custom editors and tools in C++ and C#.
- Cooperate with artists, designers and other programmers on how to best utilize the current technology.
- Perform research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform tasks and continue the technological evolution of the game and our tools.
- Develop high performance and easy to use world editing and game development tools and systems.
- Accurately estimate schedules and deliver high quality work products to that schedule.
- Mentor and guide fellow programmers.
- Mathematics/computer science degree or equivalent.
- Experience in any of the following: engine/systems development, tool development, open world streaming, advanced scene management techniques, networking.
- Fluency in C / C++ with strong multi-threaded programming skills.
- Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency with geometry and linear algebra.
- Extensive experience with code and data optimization.
- Expert at debugging complex stability issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, experience working with designers, artists and programmers.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Self-motivated, and willing to pitch in on many areas of development.
- Passion for technology and games, in-depth familiarity of Rockstar products is a massive plus.
- Experience with C# and the .NET Framework.
- Experience with WPF and XAML.
- User Experience design (UXD).